Need Suggestions on New Build !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kay

Beta member
Don't want to make this post too long so I'll try to make this short.

I've had this computer for about 3 years now. Built it in the September of 2009, and dished out about 850$ on it.. cpu is amd, the 955 quad model with 3.2ghz, and the radeon 4890...
Meh it served me well, but it's pretty outdated now, and I've transitioned from WoW to league of legends, and now Guild Wars 2.

I plan on becoming quite good at guild wars 2, and stream my gameplay, so I now need a good computer to support those streams and hoping for good quality.

I'm thinking of spending $ 1,000 tops on the build with everything like case and the hard drive included... ,
and I don't want to order it from any custom building site,
because I rather build it myself with parts bought from newegg or something like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on parts to go for ?

I was initially going to look for parts first, but I figured I'd get some input from people who are updated on this stuff,
and I'm not considering I have not looked for gaming pcs for the past 3 years.

for those games the processor you have is just fine, i would just beef up the graphics card if i were you...

what case, operating system and powersupply do you have?

I've had some problems with fps while streaming before, so I thought it was the cpu... also I have the h50 although I didn't OC the cpu.
anyhow, if I was to upgrade the gpu, I would rather just start a new build because my motherboard is very outdated and does not support a lot of the newer parts.

What I'm really looking for in these replies from you guys, is good parts on the market out there right now that I can build around and base off of for this new build. :p

I've had some problems with fps while streaming before, so I thought it was the cpu... also I have the h50 although I didn't OC the cpu.
anyhow, if I was to upgrade the gpu, I would rather just start a new build because my motherboard is very outdated and does not support a lot of the newer parts.

What I'm really looking for in these replies from you guys, is good parts on the market out there right now that I can build around and base off of for this new build. :p
Just to put it out there, if your board currently supports a 955 then it will support all the way up to the latest FX CPU.

your processor is fine enough to fulfill your req. but you can try for Msi Radeon cyclone R6850 oc 1 gb gddr5 , for your graphic support needs. For mobo i would recommend you Asus M5A97 to be a very good board in terms of performance and value for money. You can go for Nvidia geforce gtx 460 as your secondary graphic card for dedicated Physx. This mobo supports upto 2100 mhz of static Ram so you should opt G Skill : RipJaws 4+4 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 Ram. A decent Corsair 600 Watt SMPS would be sufficient for your needs. Get a decent airflow supporting full atx cabinet. wITH THESE WITHIN YOUR BUDGET YOU WILL BE THE KING OF GAMING FOR NEXT 2 YEARS ATLEAST. ENJOY!!!!

your processor is fine enough to fulfill your req. but you can try for Msi Radeon cyclone R6850 oc 1 gb gddr5 , for your graphic support needs. For mobo i would recommend you Asus M5A97 to be a very good board in terms of performance and value for money. You can go for Nvidia geforce gtx 460 as your secondary graphic card for dedicated Physx. This mobo supports upto 2100 mhz of static Ram so you should opt G Skill : RipJaws 4+4 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 Ram. A decent Corsair 600 Watt SMPS would be sufficient for your needs. Get a decent airflow supporting full atx cabinet. wITH THESE WITHIN YOUR BUDGET YOU WILL BE THE KING OF GAMING FOR NEXT 2 YEARS ATLEAST. ENJOY!!!!

Tell me how that works out for you.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom