Need Suggestions for 1200-1300$ Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymice

Beta member
Hey all.

I'm looking to put together my first Gaming Desktop. I've upgraded ram and graphics cards before, but never built from scratch. This computer I'm planning to use for games as well as playing 720p video files through my HDTV.

I've poked around through a decent amount of posts on here and done some looking around on Newegg, but can't help but get a bit overwhelmed. I was wondering if someone could help me with putting together a machine for around 12-1300$. I wouldn't need to purchase the OS or Monitor, and already have keyboard/mouse taken care of.

Also, I would be shipping the parts to Hawaii. I have a shipping service I use where I can send my packages to an address in California then they are shipped to me for a discounted rate, but I was wondering if when you order things together through Newegg if they tend to bundle them into a larger box? Or is it common for them to be packaged in several smaller boxes? I read on their site that it can be either, but was wondering which some of you had experienced most commonly.

Excuse my ignorance, but is the idea behind Solid-State Drives that you get one that is 30-40 gigs and put your OS on it? Obviously that speeds up boot time, but I would imagine that also increases the general performance of applications even though they would be on your regular harddrive? Are there other apps that you would want to put on the SSD also? Or is that something you would only do if you had extra room.

You would use the SSD for the OS, and also programs and games you access most.

Everything else on a secondary hard drive; music, movies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom