need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #41 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz

The mouse and keyboard you can downgrade if you want, you don't need a gaming keyboard if you're not gonna use the macros, extra ports, etc. Microsoft 600 wired is perfectly fine, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
Speakers, again not sure if you want 5.1 or just 2.1
Lastly, that monitor can probably be cheaper. I just put it in there because I've got the same model at work it's good, but like I say you could probably sub in a different 23" monitor with very similar specs for cheaper.
edit: oh, and just realised I'm missing a 3rd party CPU cooler. You'll want that for WHEN (not if lol) you overclock your CPU. That should only be an extra 60-80 bucks tho.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Super Techie

If you feel comfortable with assembling it. I have to agree with S0ULphIRE. Since you can afford it there is no reason not to go intel. Sure I love AMD but that doesn't mean you should Do whats right for you man. If you want the best it's intel right now. As he has it spec'd that rig will play any and all games @ max settings for now and the foreseeable future.

Radeon HD 5670 @ 860mhz gddr5
Antec High Current Gamer 520
InWin Br665 matx
CyberPower Green CP1500 900W UPS
Acer 20" G205hl
Camera Canon PowerShot SX10is
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSoD View Post
1) Be Respectful Treat other members as you would have them treat you. This means no flaming, insulting, or belittling other members.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #43 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
That's a big if...... Bulldozer as of now looks to trail the i7. Things may change by release time but as it stands an Intel Sandy build might be the better way to go.

http://www.facebook.com/Dreamsinsmoke
friend request sent
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Good 3rd party cooler would be this one
AC-FRZER-13PRO : Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO CPU cooler : Bargain @ ddcomputer.com.au
Not too expensive, quiet, and decent performance
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
The mouse and keyboard you can downgrade if you want, you don't need a gaming keyboard if you're not gonna use the macros, extra ports, etc. Microsoft 600 wired is perfectly fine, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
Speakers, again not sure if you want 5.1 or just 2.1
Lastly, that monitor can probably be cheaper. I just put it in there because I've got the same model at work it's good, but like I say you could probably sub in a different 23" monitor with very similar specs for cheaper.
edit: oh, and just realised I'm missing a 3rd party CPU cooler. You'll want that for WHEN (not if lol) you overclock your CPU. That should only be an extra 60-80 bucks tho.
looks great i'd probably put in a solid state hard drive for the OS and i'd want a little bit more ram then that and did you forget that i need to go online via wireless (thanks though, cause now i know what hardware i need)
Old 07-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #46 (permalink)
Lord Techie

There's an SSD in there already, and if you want more ram you can go with this set.
http://www.ddcomputer.com.au/prod-GS...L9D-8GBRL.html
Though tbh 4Gb should be plenty for everything except high quality video editing and photoshopping
Old 07-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
There's an SSD in there already, and if you want more ram you can go with this set.
_F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.html]GS-F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL : G.SKILL DDR3 1600 8GB Dual Channel [Ripjaws] F3 12800CL9D 8GBRL : Bargain @ ddcomputer.com.au
Though tbh 4Gb should be plenty for everything except high quality video editing and photoshopping
thanks seems like a great rig
Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #48 (permalink)
Lord Techie

It's pretty much what I'd get if I was gonna build me a rig except I'd get a second 1TB hdd and a better mobo that can handle the extreme OC runs I like doing
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 AM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I would recommend Newegg and you can find step by step guides on youtube. What size screen do you want and what games do you want to play?
Newegg can't ship outside the U.S & Canada, and only accepts US credit cards. Such ********.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
Super Techie

If you need help assembling it there is a great guide here:The animated guide to Building a PC.

Closed Thread