need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz

first of i wanna thank you in advance for your help i'm in the market for an all out gaming pc ( it probably wouldn't be doing much else besides gaming and some youtube and facebook here and there) i'm kind of a noob when it comes to hardware so building my own computer is pretty out of the question, and i really don't wanna get ripped of by the local pc stores, so what i'm trying to ask you is could recommend a gaming setup for a budget of $2500 AUD. also please could you tell me exactly how much you think it'd cost (i really don't want to get ripped off) and what cpu do you recommend and also do you think i could get dual graphics cards for that price (and also i don't even know what crossfire or Sli is, so someone explaining that would be helpful) so um pretty much any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz

OK the 'experts " on the site will have no problem addressing your questions. several things to consider before they do, so i will help by asking the usual questions they ask. Budget- $2500 - great- but do you need and OS, mouse, monitor, keyboard, etc. or just the PC? For gaming only PC the level of cost depends on numerous "factors" such as what size monitor are you planning to use? OR if your a hard core gamer- will you be using a dual monitor set up? Are you partial to AMD or INtel CPU's?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
OK the 'experts " on the site will have no problem addressing your questions. several things to consider before they do, so i will help by asking the usual questions they ask. Budget- $2500 - great- but do you need and OS, mouse, monitor, keyboard, etc. or just the PC? For gaming only PC the level of cost depends on numerous "factors" such as what size monitor are you planning to use? OR if your a hard core gamer- will you be using a dual monitor set up? Are you partial to AMD or INtel CPU's?
yes that price must include everything, i think one monitor would do me just fine. i heard tell that amd are realsing new processors soon but i need this computer by my birthday (august 23)
Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Are you looking to buy something ready to plug in and use or are you willing to buy all the parts and assemble it yourself?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Where abouts are you located? I'd like to source parts from MSY if you're close to one of their stores
Locate Stores
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 06-30-2011, 01:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i'm on the sunshine coast (on kawana island)
Old 06-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas™ View Post
Are you looking to buy something ready to plug in and use or are you willing to buy all the parts and assemble it yourself?
i'm very much a noob when it comes to hardware so probably plugin unless someone could guide me step by step
Old 06-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Definitely go parts and build your own system, easy as and you'll get a better system suited to your needs.

Hmm, you're not close to any PC shops I know of off the top of my head, do you know any that you could buy from that's got an online website?
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Definitely go parts and build your own system, easy as and you'll get a better system suited to your needs.

Hmm, you're not close to any PC shops I know of off the top of my head, do you know any that you could buy from that's got an online website?
not a clue (like i said i'mm a noob)
Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

I would recommend Newegg and you can find step by step guides on youtube. What size screen do you want and what games do you want to play?

Closed Thread