Need some objective opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elzy54

Beta member
Hi, I am new to these forums... I was looking for a place with people who buy, build, customize, etc gaming PCs. Anyways, I am home from college and I am going to start saving up money from working this summer and my thought was to buy a new case, fans, etc for my PC now and move all the hardware, then sell it and use that plus saved money to build a new one. I have had this one for a while and have been upgrading, but at this point I need something better. So I will give you the specs and keep in mind it will be in a shiny new case and the buyers out there are not all as tech savvy as we are. What I want is your honest opinion on what you might pay, and what you think someone out there might pay.

Here goes:

Asus Motherboard Socket 478
Onboard Sound and Ethernet
550W PSU
3.4 Ghz P4 /w HT
2 GB PC 3200 RAM
Nvidia 7800GS 256MB w/ Water Cooling
Currently 2 SATA 250GB HDs and 1 EIDE 80GB HD
might take the HDs and buy a 120GB or something to put in fresh to sell
DVD-ROM (pretty generic)
Lite-On Dual Layer DVD Burner

It is not flashy at this point I know... I have had it a while, and the technology is a bit dated especially the 478 board and CPU, but it still holds its own on medium graphics of most games to date. If I saw this PC on ebay I know, since I want to play the best games coming out that this is not what I would want so I would not pay anything like 1000-1200$ for it (not that I really expect anyone to pay that) but someone less informed about PC technology might give me something decent, I was hoping maybe 500-800$. Then I would add in 400-500$ myself probably and building something in the range of 1000-1300$. Am I way off here... cause I really don't know, and If I am I wont be offended to hear it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I don't believe that you'll get as much as you expect, maybe $300 if you're really lucky.
It's hardly worth installing it in a new case.
The big box stores sell some really nice new warrantied units for $500 - $800. While you can always try to sell it for more money, if you can't then just use some of the old components to upgrade it for yourself and sell the leftover components.
If you do buy a new case intending to enhance a sale, then buy one that you like well enough to keep for yourself just in case it doesn't sell. :)

Yeh you won't get much for that unless your lucky and someone thinks it's a good deal when clearly it isn't.

The card is ok i guess and so is the HD's and possibly the PSU.

I would pay maybe $200 most, thats if i had money.

You could try and sell it has a "great gaming rig" and put a positive spin on each component, it wouldn't be lying and you may get lucky.

" The amazing 7800GS graphics card can handle the latest games"( it can, but not well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom