Need some input on Gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJEffrey20

Beta member
Ok so i have 8gb of ram, quad core q8200, 640gb harddrive, with a nvidia geforce gt120. I hear this video card is weak and im looking to add another, any reccomendations on what goes good with this card? looking to spend around 150, or more if necessary. I would really like to be able to run Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 on the highest settings, dont know if that helps seeing as how neither are out yet but whatever. Thanks for the help!

My guess is they're probably going to require something along the lines of a GTX 285 or HD 4890 or similar, which are almost three times your budget.

would those be compatible with my current video card or do you think i would be better off just totally replacing it?

Is your motherboard an SLi board, or is that GPU built in? If it's an SLi board, the two cards have to the exact same (GTX 285 - GTX 285), unless you're using the weaker card for a PhysX card (I don't know very much about this, you'll have to ask someone else)

If it's not an SLi board, you cannot use two cards together.

not really sure if its an SLi board or not, but replacing it seems like the easier thing to do, im not all that computer savvy. Thanks for the clarification.

If you're going to be upgrading to a higher end card, you'd also want to make sure your PSU is up to snuff, as well. 650W would support most single cards out there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom