Need some info on x1900xt's (sexy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0nx2

Beta member
Hello all, im new to the forums but not new to the computer world.
My question is, is that are the new x1900xt's going to be compatible with my dfi lanparty rdx-200 motherboard. any input would be very helpful. i also have a 500 watt psu right now, I know that these suckers are going to eat alot of power, and i am going to have them in crossfire, so i know that i should beef up the psu, but im not sure to how much. im glad to be part of the forums and i hope you guys can help. thanks

They suposedly are going to have 48 pipes, and will be clocked faster than the X1800XT. Two of those in crossfire is going to eat a lot of power, and not only do you have only a "500w" power supply, but it's also made by a very shitty brand. I recommend you get either the pcp&c 510 sli/asl:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51ASL

or the pcp&c 850 ssi:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T85SSI

I actually think the 850 ssi might be the better choice, and BTW, if you think they are to expensive, or you think "why would I pay $200 for another 500w power supply?", Read this:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/technology/myths/

Personally i would try to keep in mind that pc power and cooling probably wrote that article. But they are the best psu's

Wow, the 7800 and X1800 series sure didn't last long, these new cards look to blow them away. People thinking about getting a 7800GT need to definately think twice. Today's most demanding games though are becomming too much for even the 7800 and X1800 series on anything over 1024x768 though, so this refresh is needed.

If you will be spending that much on the video cards, i cant see any reason why you wouldnt get that second PC P&C PSU ( the 850W one) . That thing is a beast though, might need a new case if you want to fit that in.

i just found out about the nvidia 7900 coming out in possibly march.. that has shocked me... i will save for that instead of the g80.... although i probably will buy both....

All this will be is an excuse for game developers to make their games so demanding you will need a 7900 card to play it on decent settings, kinda like you need a 7800 to play FEAR or CoD 2 on decent settings. When I say decent settings, I mean medium/high at 1280x1024. Not maxed.

I think Nvidia might actually have something up its sleeve, and is waiting for the X1900's release before they surprise everyone.
they did so with the 512MB 7800's

beedubaya said:
All this will be is an excuse for game developers to make their games so demanding you will need a 7900 card to play it on decent settings, kinda like you need a 7800 to play FEAR or CoD 2 on decent settings. When I say decent settings, I mean medium/high at 1280x1024. Not maxed.

Wow, you are saying that you need a 7800gt to play at medium settings on call of duty 2?

512 ram and an amd 2800?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom