Need Some Help With Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestever

Solid State Member
So I have had this wish list on newegg, adding and deleting stuff constantly, but I am unsure if everything is compatible or if I should upgrade something. If anyone has the time, please take a look at my wish list and make some suggestions. Thank you!

Here is the wish list: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I would wait until Ivy Bridge launches to see what its prices are, and how they effect Sandy Bridge prices.
Could be 4/29 or might be a little into May.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, but I didnt know how long I would have to wait for Ivy Bridges to come out.
PatonB: Do you think I will need more fans when I overclock my computer?

I would wait until Ivy Bridge launches to see what its prices are, and how they effect Sandy Bridge prices.
Could be 4/29 or might be a little into May.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, but I didnt know how long I would have to wait for Ivy Bridges to come out.
The date has been pushed back a few times already so I wouldn't hold your breath. If you want to overclock then I wouldn't get IB or a 2700k. If you prefer to have HT then get the 2600k instead to save a bit of cash and you will need a better CPU cooler than the stock one. No amount of fans in that case will make the stock cooler cool better lol.
I can stand by the performance of the 5900rpm drives but I don't quite trust the 1.5TB. Just friendly advice, but I would settle with the 1TB or get the 2TB.

If your overclocking you will need an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. Everything looks good though, i personally would get a 7200rpm hard drive or keep the one you have and add an SSD for the OS if you can fit it in your budget.

If your overclocking you will need an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. Everything looks good though, i personally would get a 7200rpm hard drive or keep the one you have and add an SSD for the OS if you can fit it in your budget.
The 5900s are capable of 7200 speeds. He has an SSD in his list.

Oh, you learn something new everyday :p. Missed that SSD.

Whats the difference between 5900 and 7200 if 5900 are capable of 7200 speeds?
I have 2 5900 2TB Seagates, a 7200 1TB Seagate, and a 1TB 7200 Samsung in my server. They all perform relatively the same despite the bigger drives being 5900. The 5900s also produce a lot less heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom