Need Some Guidance For A New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TShyper

Solid State Member
Hello all

I had a evil thing happen to me this morning, my motherboard and cpu died.... they do not respond to anything, no power runs though the motherboard at all. So this means that i have to spend some more of my money on a new motherboard and cpu, so i am asking here what i should get as a replacement,

MotherBoard: - Gigabyte Duo Pro
CPU: - Intel Pentinum 4 W/ HT

Ram: - Kingston 512 x2
GPU: - ATI Raiden x300 128mb
Optical Drives: - DVD Drive, DVD +/- RW Drive, DVD /- RW Drive, DVD DualLayer +/- RW Drive
HardDrive: - IDE Samsung 40GB, SATA Maxtor 120GB
1 X Floppy Drive

i think these are the most pointed out things that are needed when buying a new board, also i need a board and cpu that can take alot of processes and some way i can keep it super cool becasue my intel always ran over 60c no matter what you put on it :( . i dont mind if AMD are in option aslong as its fast and runs at a speed of 3.0ghz or above

PS. i would like a board with with 3 IDE sockets or above, my gigabyte was a pain in the *** to get working with multipule drives so i think they are out of the question :p.

cheers

-TShyper-

the new asus deluxe boards can be spendy but are the absolutely best. their is also a gigabyte one that has built in fans on the mobo if you want cooling. just surf newegg!

go am2 and get the new foxxcon mobo it looks insane.

also can i ask you what your using right now to post this? lol

lol i am using a very old system of mine, one that sits in the corner on the room with lots of dust on it... and i have been looking but i can not pin point anything, that is why i am asking here where people have more knowlage than me :p

well if your going to buy a whole new cpu ide go am2 and get the foxcon. if not the asus boards are a good choice along with dfi's

also just because an AMD is clocked at say 2 GHz doesnt mean it is not good
for instance an Athlon 64 3200+ clocks at 2GHz but still delivers very similar or even better performance than a P4 3.2GHz this is because they do more work per clock cycle
YAY
go AMD

i have been looking at this newegg.com and the server boards they have on there, i have enough money to get a serverboard... do they give out more performance? or do they just run as normal when you use it for normal things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom