Need some good advice for a CPU cooler on a brand new AMD 1055T/GA890XA-UD3 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hey everyone!

I am here asking for some good advice for my new build. I'll be pairing the AMD 1055T chip with a GA890XA-UD3 motherboard and slammin' it all in a Sniper Black Edition case [hope that gives ya an idea on how big we can go].

In the summer, it can get hot in our computer room [at times 90-100 F]. Please do not give advice for upgrading/installing better A/C, cool water buckets with ice next to the computer, 293 foot cooling lines to the creek outside and back, moving to Alaska, Space Shuttling to Mars, turning on the computer only at night, etc.

I came here for some good, well informed CPU cooler advice for a system that I am now building that may, at times, be required to be used in adverse weather conditions that could result in hot room temperatures.

Thank you!

Soar

budget for this cooler?

Good questions Sean. I like the way you carry yourself. You have a habit of looking on the brighter side of life and keep things in a positive flow.

I am thinking of spending somewhere between $30-$70 on a CPU cooler. I am sure some self made computer gods on their judgmental thrones would love to continue their negativity and criticism by judging "why spend so much on components and then skimp on the CPU cooler?"

First, I received killer deals on the components and spent well below market value costs on the components. Second, I do not overclock, thus, I do not need to invest $100's for a kick butt CPU cooler. I simply need a good CPU cooler that can take care of business.

+++Soar+++

PS I do have a new, never before opened Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus. Anyone here ever use one of these CPU coolers on an AMD rig and if so, what were the results and how do ya like it?

i was going to recommend the coolermaster hyper 212+, it will do exactly what you want, go with that and it will make you happy.

i was going to recommend the coolermaster hyper 212+, it will do exactly what you want, go with that and it will make you happy.

Sean,

Thanks for your good advice! I'll probably go with the Hyper 212+ unless I can see a better option. Friends from other forums recommended the Noctua NH-D14. It seems way too big for the application I require.

What's your thoughts on it:

Newegg.com - Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

At 1240 grams, I feel uneasy with that amount of weight sitting on my MB. Looks kinda like one of the jet engines on the 747's...what do ya think?

Appreciate your reply.

Have a good one!

Soar

Attachments

• Noctua 3.JPG
    Noctua 3.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Noctua 4.JPG
    Noctua 4.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Noctua 5.JPG
    Noctua 5.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 279
The Noctua will work. It is a frigging awesome cooler... but it is also massive. Slaymate could chime in on this as he has one (of many different coolers).

well since you said you arent going to be overclocking the NH-D14 is way over kill for you and the Hyper 212+ will do the job just fine, especially since you already have it.

also, im not 100% sure the NH-D14 will fit in the scout case

well since you said you arent going to be overclocking the NH-D14 is way over kill for you and the Hyper 212+ will do the job just fine, especially since you already have it.

also, im not 100% sure the NH-D14 will fit in the scout case

Yes, I agree about over kill considering the applications I will be using on the computer.

At this point in time, I feel you are right and that I should probably go with the Hyper 212+.

Have a good one!

Soar

Indeed, the D14 is a great cooler but only needed for those shooting for an even-higher-than-normal OC
If you're not going to be OCing at all, the stock cooler should really be all you need ;) Especially considering it's an AMD CPU (which usually run cooler than their Intel counterparts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom