need some final advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Well, basically im upgrading and ive done a bit of research and had a look at some things i could buy and i was wondering if these products are a good choice :

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 940 Black Edition 3.0GHz (Socket AM2+) - Retail CPU

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe HDMI nForce 780a SLi (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard Motherboard

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Platinum Series DDR2 (OCZ2P10664GK) OR Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 TwinX (2x2GB) Supplied with Airflow Fan (TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF) (not sure about these, heard there overpriced)

Corsair TX 750W ATX2.2 SLI Compliant Power Supply OR Corsair TX 850W ATX2.2 SLI Compliant Power Supply if i have enough money

I am planning on going SLI with GTX 260's soon and was wondering, it says this on the motherboard specifications : - 3 x PCIe x16 support NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Tech @ dual x16 or tripple x8
does that mean itl run x16 in SLI but x8 on tri SLI? im sure it does but it also says : 2 x PCIe x16 support NVIDIA SLI Tech @ dual x8 mode
so thats got me a bit confused, all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, lukas.

EDIT : would i be better going with this PSU Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply since its modular, or would the 750 last longer?

lukas said:
I am planning on going SLI with GTX 260's soon and was wondering, it says this on the motherboard specifications : - 3 x PCIe x16 support NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Tech @ dual x16 or tripple x8
does that mean itl run x16 in SLI but x8 on tri SLI? im sure it does but it also says : 2 x PCIe x16 support NVIDIA SLI Tech @ dual x8 mode
so thats got me a bit confused, all help is appreciated.
Those are just the options available to you when you run multiple card setups. Since you're going for SLI, it should be set to dual x16.

Going with SLI, you'd most likely use most of the cables, so I think the 750TX is the one to go for, and last a bit longer.

The Dominators are usually overpriced, and the OCZ has similar specs for less.

Most people here though, would tell you to go with the Intel Core i7.

Those are just the options available to you when you run multiple card setups. Since you're going for SLI, it should be set to dual x16.

Going with SLI, you'd most likely use most of the cables, so I think the 750TX is the one to go for, and last a bit longer.

The Dominators are usually overpriced, and the OCZ has similar specs for less.

Most people here though, would tell you to go with the Intel Core i7.
havnt got enough money for that :< but the phenom should be enough for what i do, only play cod4.

Oh ok. That's perfectly fine. But I don't think you need to SLI GTX 260s to play COD4. What resolution do you play games with?

Oh ok. That's perfectly fine. But I don't think you need to SLI GTX 260s to play COD4. What resolution do you play games with?

1680x1050, but as guruson will say, im one of them kids who wants alot of fps, thats what he thinks but i find it horrible to play with my fps lower than 125 constantly, you can always argue about the eye seeing a certain amount of fps bla bla, but please try and keep the thread clean, thanks :D

So you're one of those...lol jk

It's ok. Everybody has their preferences. It's not like I was going to argue with you. Not worth it.

So I think you're all set with your upgrade.

If you can afford the Dominators, I say go with them. You should be safe with a 750tx for 260 SLI. Or go for the 850 if you plan on upgrading those 260s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom