Need some expert advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsbuckr

Beta member
I am building a new PC and have a budget of around $1100. I need it to last me 3 years or more. I have decided to purchase from ibuypower. I already have two 19" LCDs, a keyboard, a mouse, and speakers. My use of the PC is as follows: 1. Gaming (FPS & MMORPGs) 2. Movies/TV Shows 3. Surfing the web

Please look over my build and rate and/or comment. Suggestions are welcome...

Took me awhile to decide between the i7 - 920 and the i5 - 750, but since the i7-9 build would have run me a few hunderd more for very comparable performance, I decided to get an expensive GPU rather than CPU and keep my budget. It looks as tho I probably won't be able to upgrade to i9/6 cores when it is made available, but seriously unless your rendering large amounts of 3d video, I read that there is no real gain and the i5 has a lot of the same new features as the i7 chips, mainly the awesome turbo boost. Also I don't really need the NZXT Sentry Meter but seeing as the case comes with so many fans it would be very handy and it looks cool. It does take me slightly over budget but I can live with that. I think I found a "kick-***" machine for a really reasonable price tag. What do you think?

Here are the specs:

Case -- NZXT Tempest EVO Gaming Tower Case
Processor -- Intel® Core™ i5 750 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard -- Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Intel P55 Chipset CrossFire SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Dual-Channel DDR3, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA 3.0 Raid, USB 3.0, Dual PCI-E MB
Memory -- 4 GB DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand [Free Upgrade from 1333 to 1600]
Video Card -- ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 1GB
Power Supply -- 750 Watt - Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Processor Cooling -- Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [Free Upgrade]
Hard Drive -- 1 TB HARD DRIVE - 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive -- 22X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Meter Display -- NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum Fan Control, Clock, and Temperature LCD Display
Operating System -- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - 64-Bit

Edit: Does ne1 have experience with IBP's Corsair or Major brand RAM?, they don't have many options and I had to kinda go with this...

Thank you!

Edit: Does ne1 have experience with IBP's Corsair or Major brand RAM?, they don't have many options and I had to kinda go with this...

Corsair ram is good, dunno what you mean by IBP.

Got a good processor, mobo, gfx card, psu.
These are actually just about the same components i would pick if i were building from newegg.
When i went and customized this from Gamer Paladin E750 starting point i got $1176, is that the same you got?

Price is actually very close to what i can make on newegg with those core components i listed. My newegg build with core-i5, ati 5850, g.skill 4gb 1600 ram, gigabyte ud3r, corsair 750tx, 1TB seagate hdd, cooler master 690 case, optical drive, win 7 home premium came to $1155.

The only thing I would change is the HDD, it only has 16MB of buffer. Get a Western Digital Black 1TB.

First off, thanks everyone for the replies.
On the HDD...as was said...IBP didn't really offer many choices, and I couldn't afford a SSD.
I don't have the time or desire to build myself but I wanted a good price, so that's why I chose these guys. The bottom line is $1111.85 with S+H included.
I'm glad to hear that the components I could select, are solid ones and that I'm getting a good deal. Thank you fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom