Need a solution for sharing display

m2244

Solid State Member
Hello,

I need to find a way to share one display on multiple monitors. This is for a training environment. Ideally, I would like something where the student can see the instructors display on the monitor at the student's desk, and then switch over to his own computer to do his own work.

Thanks for the help guys.

I am looking into something called VLC now, I just like to get opinions for more knowledgeable people first.

Looking into it more, free version of Skype will do 10 people in a group call with screen sharing. Skype For Business can do up to 250 people.

Edit: You mentioned VLC...here's how to stream your desktop using VLC Player:
http://www.howtogeek.com/120202/how...file-or-stream-it-over-the-internet-with-vlc/

I assume this is for some kind of private training class or presentation, correct? Is this personal or business?

Last edited:
If this is all going to be on the same LAN then all you're looking for is local video streaming which can be done with VLC or a number of other open source applications. If they're not all on the same LAN then I'd go with presentation software like Gotomeeeting, join.me, etc. but you'll need to pay to have more attendees.

Back
Top Bottom