Need a solid PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hey All, running an AMD X2 3800 with 2gb of ram, 250gb WD HDD, 7900GT, Audigy 2 ZS. Looking to add on another 7900GT and want to have a good PSU in my system that supports SLI. I also like to leave the PC on 24/7 so want something reliable. Can someone recommend a good PSU for my needs around $80 US price? I like to buy from NewEgg so if you have any links, link away! I'm currently using a 550 watt Rosewill but I don't think it will handle another vid card.

Thank you for the help!

YAY im back on the forums :D:D:D:D

I wouldnt rate that as better than Antec Truepower Trio 550w
in my personal opinion antec is a much stronger PSU.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Lol, yeah, the Trio is a bit of a monster with 3 x 18A. But they're both much more than you need, so just go with the cheaper one. Hiper's a very well-respected enthusiast builder, perhaps more so than Antec.

@TriEclipse

with the system that he is getting he will take full advantage of the power that both of the above PSU's offer. plus getting a higher watt psu helps when he decides to upgrade parts in the future. the one thing you never want to do is underestimate the importance of a PSU and you never want to get something that may become insufficient. For those reasons i would choose a 550watt :D

@Shafra

if you have the money for the trio then i would suggest you get it. it will run everything perfectly when you get that SLI done!

tehdigit said:
@TriEclipse

with the system that he is getting he will take full advantage of the power that both of the above PSU's offer. plus getting a higher watt psu helps when he decides to upgrade parts in the future. the one thing you never want to do is underestimate the importance of a PSU and you never want to get something that may become insufficient. For those reasons i would choose a 550watt :D

You're telling me?

haha i basically quoted you :D

good job on the post by the way

somebody needed to post that and im way to lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom