Need a small upgrade for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazywesc

Beta member
My wife and I have seperate computers. We both play online games such as world of warcraft and call of duty 4 etc. Well I will be buying me a new computer in the next few weeks and the wife is jealous as ****. So I told her I will try and upgrade hers so her games will run better. I am a complete noob when it comes to computers so I come here to ask a few questions. Her specs are....

Dell Dimension DXP061
Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.8GHz 1.8 GHz
RAM 3.00 GB
Windows Vista 32 bit
Graphics Radeon 4650

I have a radeon 4650 in my old computer as well and was thinking I could put it in hers and run dual video cards. But her computer has only one video card slot, so I guess thats not a option anymore. So could I just fill her computer up with ram and buy her a better graphics card and power supply? If so what do you guys recomend.
The only game she really plays is world of warcraft. As of now she has to play with the video settings pretty low and she still gets lag in areas.

Well, it all depends on your budget. A better GFX card will also require a new PSU.

You can't toss more ram in that system as its a 32 bit OS and sitting at 3gb already. Your best option is a video card. You have have a 375 watt power supply in that system so you could prob get away with a little beefier card with out dishing out for a psu. But thats your only practical bet. You could upgrade the CPU thought it won't give you as much of a gain as a graphics card would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom