Need SERIOUS help ASAP :( - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need SERIOUS help ASAP :(

Alright I don't wana mess this up this is really important. The graphics card for the new desktop I'm building is a GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB from BFG tech

heres a link

So the problem is im being told that nividia is on the verge of releasing a new GTX 280 chip set that will blow the 9800s out of the water

Now the problem is that im ordering this 9800 and i wanted to know since BFG has a trade up policy of 100 days

would it work to buy this card now and pay the difference for a gtx 280 later when it comes out?

basically the thing is that im on a time constraint and I really wana get this desktop ordered asap

I just need some input on what you guys think I should do

Is buying the 9800gx2 a good idea and would it be eligible for a trade up with BFG if they released the gtx280s?

Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: Need SERIOUS help ASAP :(

If you could wait, I would tell you too, however, since you say your short on time, yes, buy the GX2 now and step up to the GTx280 when they are released.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules