Need a really fast response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
This ram just came back into stock: Newegg.com - mushkin 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Should I cancel my order and transfer everything over to a new cart and take this out: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

The mushkin ram has slightly better timings, but gskill is known to be a good brand. How much better is the mushkin ram actually?

It hasn't shipped yet.

Eh, the timings aren't that much better, and I'm no fan of mushkin. My personal opinion is stick with the G.Skill.

It is either 3 or 6 dude. 3 is fine for now, but more than that will be needed within a year or so probably for top speeds in the latest stuff, and I would rather have 3 2GB sticks than 6 1GB sticks and suck up all my room.

So yeah, I guess I can keep the gskill.

I was just curious. Most people go for 4GB instead of 6, that's why I was wondering... I am a bigger fan of G. Skill myself as well.. so that's what I would go for.

I was just curious. Most people go for 4GB instead of 6, that's why I was wondering... I am a bigger fan of G. Skill myself as well.. so that's what I would go for.

Yeah, but with an i7 build, going 4gb is wasting the triple channel advantage. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom