Need Ram for MSI P6N Sli-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, have the below motherboard,

MSI P6N Sli-Fi
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I purchased the ram below, and even up'ing the voltage I couldn't get it to post at all. I popped in a generic Kingston chip and was able to install the OS etc and everything seems to be working.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

The above ram is not listed as being compatible with my board, but there's a chance both sticks could be defective I guess, either way, I need to get some working ram :) Looking for 1x1gb sticks. I have an E6400 and would like to overclock it. The working ram list for my motherboard seems thin and I don't want to have to RMA anything else. The above Ram already cost me $33 in shipping and restocking fees.

If anyone is familiar with this motherboard and knows of some good quality ram that will work PLEASE help :) I plan to buy from NewEgg. I know the Kingston HyperX line is tested with the board but it is $100 more then the G.skill I am RMA's.

How bad is this cheap Kingston ram?
Newegg.com - Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory - Retail

Any ideas or links would be very appreciated, I just want to get something decent to last me a while.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom