Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Default Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

So yeah,
My Laptop died on me like 2 weeks ago & since them I'm using this 512Mb/1GHZ computer & I'm sick of it, I can't do anything without experiencing some form of lagg.

I'm not looking for 'The' best gaming PC out there.
I'm just looking for a PC which has alot of ram, Lots of CPU. The main purpose of this PC won't be playing games, so I'm not looking for the best GFX card out there, One that can run CoD:MW2 and the upcoming Black ops should be enough.

Last thing: I've never built a computer in my life, is it hard to do?


Thanks for all the responses,
~Analog.
__________________

Analog is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Yerfdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 326
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

this should help you build it.

I think this should be good if you're able to get another ~$250:

Broadway Com Corp Okia-black-650 650W ATX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
ASUS EAH4870/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front ATX Full Tower Computer Case
MSI 790X-G45 AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Microsoft SideWinder X3 5 Buttons USB Wired Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - OEM
Logitech Internet 350 Black 104 Normal Keys 8 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Keyboard - OEM
ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers
BELKIN BE112230-08 8 Feet 12 Outlets 3780 Joules Surge Protector with Telephone and Coaxial Protection
Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers

Other people, please feel free to tell me if any of those parts are bad, too.
__________________

Yerfdog is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerfdog View Post
this should help you build it.

I think this should be good if you're able to get another ~$250:

Broadway Com Corp Okia-black-650 650W ATX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
ASUS EAH4870/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front ATX Full Tower Computer Case
MSI 790X-G45 AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Microsoft SideWinder X3 5 Buttons USB Wired Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - OEM
Logitech Internet 350 Black 104 Normal Keys 8 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Keyboard - OEM
ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers
BELKIN BE112230-08 8 Feet 12 Outlets 3780 Joules Surge Protector with Telephone and Coaxial Protection
Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers

Other people, please feel free to tell me if any of those parts are bad, too.
i personally think since the two are so close together in price range, you might as well get a phenom X6. I think it's easiest to start a build by deciding on the CPU you want, then trying to find a good mobo combo with it. Then a video card, psu that can power it well, at least 4gb ram around $100, etc. I tend to cut corners on a cheap DVD drive, cheap *** $5 dell keyboard and mouse...basically less-vital stuff. Idk how MSI boards are, so no comment.

I also would buy a monitor locally...I just assume there would be too much risk having it shipped IMO. I try not to trust the UPS geniuses with fragile/bulky items...not after I saw those warehouse videos a while back.
syn_sic is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

I'm not looking for Monitors/Keyboards and what not, I've got those already.
Also, It would be appreciated if you'd link me to the Items.
Analog is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,363
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

I'd go with a Radeon HD 5xxx graphics card, the 4xxx series are last-generation and do not support DirectX 10, OpenCL, or ATi's multi-monitor Eyefinity. While you may not need these features, it will help future-proof your system and the 5xxx cards use less power as well.

I would go with either the Phenom X6 or Core i7 processors. The Core i7 may be a little above your budget at least for the 1366 chips.

$199.99 Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
$94.99 Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
$114.99 Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C8
$284.99 Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100282-3SR Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
$79.99 Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
$54.99 Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
$74.99 Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$25.99 Newegg.com - LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

Total: $930.92

That gives you room for a CPU cooler if you want. I did not include any software so you must provide an OS. If you want to buy Windows within the $1000 you can lower the graphics card to a 5830 or 5770.

Edit:
Replace motherboard with this, the other one doesn't support x6 cpu's out of the box and needs a BIOS flash.
$139.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-435-_-Product

Total: 975.92
__________________

CalcProgrammer1 is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
I'd go with a Radeon HD 5xxx graphics card, the 4xxx series are last-generation and do not support DirectX 10, OpenCL, or ATi's multi-monitor Eyefinity. While you may not need these features, it will help future-proof your system and the 5xxx cards use less power as well.

I would go with either the Phenom X6 or Core i7 processors. The Core i7 may be a little above your budget at least for the 1366 chips.

$199.99 Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
$94.99 Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
$114.99 Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C8
$284.99 Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100282-3SR Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
$79.99 Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
$54.99 Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
$74.99 Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$25.99 Newegg.com - LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

Total: $930.92

That gives you room for a CPU cooler if you want. I did not include any software so you must provide an OS. If you want to buy Windows within the $1000 you can lower the graphics card to a 5830 or 5770.

Edit:
Replace motherboard with this, the other one doesn't support x6 cpu's out of the box and needs a BIOS flash.
$139.99 Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Total: 975.92
How much would it cost if I would downgrade the GFX card to 5770, Add windows 7, get 6-8GB RAM & a 1TB HDD?
My MAX budget would be about $1.2k & Maybe even a bit more if I can get my dad to 'help me out', But I'd rather stay around $1-1.2K
Analog is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Yerfdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 326
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog View Post
I'm not looking for Monitors/Keyboards and what not, I've got those already.
Also, It would be appreciated if you'd link me to the Items.
You've already got the monitor, surge protector, keyboard, mouse, and speakers? Okay.

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
ASUS CuCore Series EAH5770 CuCore/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
AZZA Solano 1000 Black/Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front ATX Full Tower Computer Case
MSI 790X-G45 AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

(This list is missing the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and surge protector. If you already have these, good, if not, then I'm sure you can find some good ones on Newegg.)

$980.88

(Fixed it.)
Yerfdog is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Self Proclaimed Immortal
 
hmammen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: lounge 146 (Euless TX)
Posts: 2,679
Send a message via AIM to hmammen Send a message via MSN to hmammen Send a message via Yahoo to hmammen
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

FERMI all the way! price drop soon too, why go with ati when you can have a 460.
__________________

Posted from my Nexus7
hmammen is offline  
Old 07-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Spaceballs Mega-Maid
Posts: 783
Send a message via AIM to RichM499 Send a message via Yahoo to RichM499
Default Re: Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmammen View Post
FERMI all the way! price drop soon too, why go with ati when you can have a 460.
Because 5830 is just as fast, about the same price, and I like ATI :P

Not to mention the 5830 only comes in a 1gb flavor on Newegg, and that GTX460 768mb will choke at very high resolutions.
__________________

RichM499 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some recommendations- Budget $350 krazyq System Upgrades 6 04-04-2009 05:02 PM
1st Game PC Build-- Budget System = Help! Scarecrow New Systems | Building and Buying 81 03-08-2009 05:00 AM
i7 3k budget first pc build Dr.Pain New Systems | Building and Buying 56 02-06-2009 05:00 PM
Budget Build...Ordering Tomorrow... Millenniumtiger System Upgrades 57 01-09-2009 01:34 AM
Is there difference between low budget and good budget computers? Ric0h New Systems | Building and Buying 6 06-25-2008 08:07 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.