Need PC Built: ~$1000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because 5830 is just as fast, about the same price, and I like ATI :p

Not to mention the 5830 only comes in a 1gb flavor on Newegg, and that GTX460 768mb will choke at very high resolutions.

768mb choke at what resolutions? are you going to be linked to a 50 or 60 inch monitor? or running giant dual or triple screens? if not, it wont choke at any resolution. My old single 9800GTX+ 512mb could play crysis on two 30 inch lcds on high settings....hm. That said, if i was going to get a fermi 460 i would get 1gb though, just saying 768mb is far enough.

Guys Guys, Don't argue about GFX card, Like I said, The computer won't be used for much gaming, well not games like crysis etc..

Because 5830 is just as fast, about the same price, and I like ATI :p

gtx 460 (even the 768mb version) is faster than a 5830. in some tests it's not by a whole lot, but they're both in the same price range so the 460 is the smart option here.

Guys Guys, Don't argue about GFX card, Like I said, The computer won't be used for much gaming, well not games like crysis etc..

if you're considering my build and want a less powerful card, you could switch out the original ram/gfx card combo i listed with this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.445364
includes the same set of ram along with a 5770. this switch would also save you around $50.

gtx 460 (even the 768mb version) is faster than a 5830. in some tests it's not by a whole lot, but they're both in the same price range so the 460 is the smart option here.

if you're considering my build and want a less powerful card, you could switch out the original ram/gfx card combo i listed with this one
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
includes the same set of ram along with a 5770. this switch would also save you around $50.

I'm am considering it, but maybe with 6GB of ram/1TB HDD & The 5770

How much would it cost if I would downgrade the GFX card to 5770, Add windows 7, get 6-8GB RAM & a 1TB HDD?
My MAX budget would be about $1.2k & Maybe even a bit more if I can get my dad to 'help me out', But I'd rather stay around $1-1.2K

from what you have said so far 8 gigs of ram would be way more then you need.

if you go with an AMD build get the 4 gig set that was already posted, and if you go with the i7 you want to get the OZC gold 6 gig set that was posted.

the 5770 would be a good video card also if you wanted to save the 50 dollars on the other bundle that was posted but I am of the mind that if your spending that much money might as well get the little bit nicer video card even if you dont think you need it.

better gpu> insane amount of ram. anything past 4 gigs is useless for the average user IMO. Not saying you cant have 6-12 gigs, just why. besides if your going to run windows 7 anyways, use any extra flashdrives u have lying around to dedicate to Readyboost which allocates the free space on flash drives to speed up desktop processes and windows features instead of bogging down your ram. I have 4 gigs of ram, and total of 6gigs extra flash drives for ready boost, my day to day processes are quite speedy even when im playing intense games on my other screen. just an idea.

better gpu> insane amount of ram. anything past 4 gigs is useless for the average user IMO. Not saying you cant have 6-12 gigs, just why.
Yeah, 6-12 gigs would probably only be useful if you were future-proofing. :p
And if wanted to open things faster than you can blink five times.

Yeah, 6-12 gigs would probably only be useful if you were future-proofing. :p
And if wanted to open things faster than you can blink five times.

or if you were doing intense auto cad(machine shop) or video editing, or had a bunch of large displays you wanted to run simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom