Need new RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
My comp is currently running 1024 MB Mushkin PC 3200 DDR400 Blue Series CL2 Low Latency Enhanced Memory with heat spreader (2*512) And I know I want at least two gigs...but I dont know if I should just add a gig to my current or buy two gigs of something new. Im not looking to overclock, just something to make running multiple programs and occasionally playing some hardware intense games a little smoother. any suggestions on a specific route to take guys?

dont buy anything different... if your motherboard has dual-channel facility, its worth buying memory modules in pairs. For example, on a dual-channel motherboard buying two 256MB memory modules will gain you slightly better performance than having a single stick of 512MB stick. This is because dual-channel allows the to modules to be accessed together. You'll need to make sure the memory models MATCH ( Many makers sell them in pairs ) and when dual channel is active you should see a message flash up during the BIOS information at the start...Remember that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom