Need a new PSU soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
, for Yugo... hmmm.
I lol'd ^
lemme finish that for you. everything.
I would fix ford though, and change it to "life".

LOL U GOTTA SEE THIS. I know it's a laptop AC/DC adapter, but come on, still.

psufaillol.jpg

I think i'll get me the 40 watt ;)

Like I've written elsewhere on the forum, I've only had problems with Corsair PSUs, but on the other hand, I've had two generations of RAM from them now, and those run like a dream. Currently 2x2GB DDR2-1066 XMS2 modules. Funny thing is that is seems that Seasonic makes their PSUs now, but I have one old 400w Seasonic and another M12 550 and I've used them in a number of systems and they are great. :/

Like I've written elsewhere on the forum, I've only had problems with Corsair PSUs, but on the other hand, I've had two generations of RAM from them now, and those run like a dream. Currently 2x2GB DDR2-1066 XMS2 modules. Funny thing is that is seems that Seasonic makes their PSUs now, but I have one old 400w Seasonic and another M12 550 and I've used them in a number of systems and they are great. :/
Hmmmm
I think I'll get this
Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 140mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready, 80Plus CMPSU-750TX at TigerDirect.com
anyone have any objections? The only reason is it is the only one sufficient enough to provide enough wattage AND have a 6pin and 8pin PCIe connector (for me gx2 coming soon!)

That psu is fine, the 8 pin they have listed is the 12V mothervoard supply, not the pcie 8pin. The corsair 750 has four 6+2pin pcie supplies for 8 pin video card, it's just an extra two grounds to the pin.

Hmmmm
I think I'll get this
Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 140mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready, 80Plus CMPSU-750TX at TigerDirect.com
anyone have any objections? The only reason is it is the only one sufficient enough to provide enough wattage AND have a 6pin and 8pin PCIe connector (for me gx2 coming soon!)

Good luck, mine went out within less than a year of purchase and took the mobo along for the ride. You will find plenty of people who will try to talk you into buying a Corsair PSU - that's why I bought two, and both turned out bad. Lurk around the Corsair support forums and you will see plenty complaints. I suggest Seasonic or PPC&C.

actually it is a 8 pin with a detachable 2 pin pci-e. So you can run either a 6 or 8 pin with it no adapter needed. Nice for cards like the gx2 which require a 6 and a 8 pin pci-e connectors.

My 520hx has been running 24/7 in my media pc for going on 2 years and i havent had any problems with it. The only psus ive read about having problems are the 1000hx having fan problems after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom