Need a new PSU soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have known this from another thread.

EDIT: alternatively he may have just made it up lol :)
I love newegg, the only problem with corsair that I have is that 40-50% of ppl that have 2X2GB corsair dominator memory get their computer murdered by it with a barrage of errors.

I've never heard of dominator dying. I've used two different kinds of dominator for the past few years and never had any problems with it. Very good brand of memory, and lifetime warranty.

I've never heard of dominator dying. I've used two different kinds of dominator for the past few years and never had any problems with it. Very good brand of memory, and lifetime warranty.
I mean, wouldn't you be turned off of it if everyone that you know in real life (not the magical interwebs that you call home ;)) had their computer get a BSoD within 2 months of installing the corsair, and then the BSoD stops when they get some g.skill or OCz or supertalent?

I mean, wouldn't you be turned off of it if everyone that you know in real life (not the magical interwebs that you call home ;)) had their computer get a BSoD within 2 months of installing the corsair, and then the BSoD stops when they get some g.skill or OCz or supertalent?

Indeed I would, but I haven't. Several of my real-life friends use Corsair Dominator too, and they have no problems. I can see your reasoning, though.

Indeed I would, but I haven't. Several of my real-life friends use Corsair Dominator too, and they have no problems. I can see your reasoning, though.
Well thanks for understanding. I think I'll TRY the 750W corsair, if it doesn't work I'm never buying another corsair product again though. Just needa make some money.

And one more thing, what's the worst that would happen if I shut down the PSU fan on my current PSU (I do this a lot) would something blow up first or would it just get a BSoD?

While the Corsair name is on the PSU, Corsair does not make them. I forget who does make them for Corsair (one of three in my head, but I prefer not to look like a fool by naming the wrong one).

While the Corsair name is on the PSU, Corsair does not make them. I forget who does make them for Corsair (one of three in my head, but I prefer not to look like a fool by naming the wrong one).

From Wikipedia:
As of 2006, Corsair have started to sell power supplies under its own brand name based on Seasonic and Channel Well designs.

Nope. Every company will make a lemon every now and then. For Ford there was the Contour, for Chevrolet there was the Chevette, for Yugo... hmmm.

Anyway, I have seen mixed results from the Dominator line, but Corsair's other RAM seems to still be decent. I still prefer G.Skill, Patriot, and Kingston for my RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom