Need a new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I'm looking to replace my PSU and I really wanna get a good one but not an overpriced one. I'm looking for one that will work for a good gaming rig. Right now I don't have a beast of a computer but in the future I might end up upgrading and I need a new PSU now so I might as well get one that will work well with future parts as well as current ones. I'm looking for one that will have enough watts for crossfire or sli if I decide to do that some day and one that is good for overclocking so it needs a good number of amps on the 12v rail. Another thing that is really big with me is it needs to be quiet. I can't stand loud PSUs and thats really important for me. I will pay extra if I have to to get a good psu thats really quiet. So what are some suggestions you guys think would fit my needs? Also is there any down side to having too many amps on the 12v rail?

The 520HX is more than enough to power 2 GT's in sli and still have some left over. Also you can pick it up for 78 bucks after rebate from buy.com

I was always under the impression you needed more than 550w for sli, if not is there really any point than getting more than 520watts?

And the 520hx is pretty quiet?

The hx is quieter than my other fans. New cards are actually going DOWN in power draw, same with cpu's. We've finally hit a point where the performance is maxxed out and newer stuff is coming down in power draw as well as still gaining performance without making you get a bigger psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom