Not open for further replies.

matthewgilchris

Solid State Member
My new upgrade will mean my comp will be:

AMD Sempron 2800+ @2GHZ
1.5GB DDR RAM
80GB HD
ATI X1650 PRO 256MB

My current PSU is 300W which won't be enough so can you guys tell me how I know which PSU will fit in my computer? And also recommend me a suitable one from an online shop that can deliver to the UK?

Thanks,

And you guys can guarantee that any of the 3 will be compatible?

B1gapl, I'm leaning towards the second one you posted because I will probably be getting a new system rather than upgrading this again.

And is the site reputable?

The two sites posted here, are one of the most popular websites that ships the the UK, for computer parts.

Hi mate im from uk too, the best uk sites are Ebuyer, scan, there the main ones, if something isnt on Ebuyer you'll find it on scan or vice versa. Ive never had experience of scan but i know of people that have and i think there a good site to order from, ive had 3 items off Ebuyer all on next day deilvery with citylink and i got the items on time and without dents or scuffs etc, so id recommend them.
If you have the cash id recommend this one Hiper 580W Type-R Modular PSU SLI/CrossFire Certified - Black
Plenty of power for upgrades later, and its also modular which means you wont be putting a spaghetti junction of wiring into your case! you will get several cables in a seperate box, you just then use the cables that YOU need, the rest stay in the box, hence a better looking case with less cluttered cables and better airflow.
Any more questions feel free to ask

Is it guaranteed to work in my computer?

And the same with the one b1gapl posted....guaranteed to be compatible?

Cause I'd rather not spend £50 or even £80 if £32 will do.

Don't worry. It's compatible. Otherwise, we would of recommended another one.

Thank you so much then all of you. I will order the £32 one as soon as I can. :)

yeah you can do but its not modular so you will have loads of unused cables clogging up your system and looking a mess, up to you though, ive no dout its a good psu but not for air flow.
If i were you id seriously consider spending abit more(at least £50) and get a modular one, or even better the one i posted.
Someone might say hey he doesnt need to spend that much, and for what you have right now, no you dont need to, but since you said your upgrading soon then the best you can afford is what you should be looking at, not the cheapest! thats my 2cents anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom