Need a new PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Well from what i've read, this antec smartpower doesn't have much life left in it. So before it quits on me, im gonna buy something new, and more reliable. So basically what im looking for is something that is reliable, modular cabling, and is gonna be able to power the pc in my sig, plus an 8800gts, and maybe an e6600 way down the line. I have 160 dollars MAX to spend, but i'd like to keep it below, or right at 100, cause im buyin an 8800gts soon.

Thanks, ill probably go with the corsair, just because it looks more reliable. One other question i do have though, is that i didn't install the PSU on my computer, and only 20 pins out of the 24 are plugged into my motherboard. Why is that? what would happen if i plugged in all 24?

Both are excellent choices there.

here are some good PSU's that are right around 100 bucks though.

Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P3 550W ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100-240V / 200-240V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TÃœV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail

Hrm that's odd....I would think it needs the extra 4 pin connector. Nothing should happen as thats what the motherboard has one for. You could put it in if you want and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom