Need a new mobo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You usually get what you pay for though..Ive heard nothing but good things about the zalman. I probably wont go up to 3.8ghz, but ive heard people using the zalman for 4 ghz and 35-40C idle and 45+ on load. thats not bad at all, and if those stats are consistent, then id buy the zalman. I dont mind the extra $30 or so for something nice. And ive heard that AS5 is better than mx2 because of the silver particles and other stuff. If price didnt matter, the zalman would be the best right?

Not always true ^

Zalman is just a luxury brand, they overprice stuff because they look "decent"

The Sunbeam is just as good

So cooling is equal, if thats the case then i'll get the zalman for the extra $$$ because i do want my computer to look sweet. It definitely hasnt been a budget build yet so why start now..

But what thermal paste do you guys recommend if I do use the zalman on an e8400?

So cooling is equal, if thats the case then i'll get the zalman for the extra $$$ because i do want my computer to look sweet. It definitely hasnt been a budget build yet so why start now..

But what thermal paste do you guys recommend if I do use the zalman on an e8400?

The Core Contact cools better and is quieter. Here is a list of the top 10 heatsinks.
Top 5 Intel & AMD Heatsinks on Frostytech

Even if the price didn't matter I would still recommend the Sunbeam.

The zalman 9700 looks soo much better though..... no but that is a really good price for something that performs as well as it does. I might get that. just a question, how do you apply thermal paste on something like this, the regular way or somethin else

Edit: Btw, would it even fit on my mobo if i were to get the asus p45?

Apply on the CPU (rice grain shape) then mount the cooler on, and plug in the wire it has to the JCFAN port (then put your board in the case)

Like the shape and size of it is how much you put, so when you mount the cooler it spreads itself evenly

Ok, so just one, rice shaped tiny smudge in the middle of the cpu top. Thats it. then mount the cooler down and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom