Need a new mobo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
But anyhow, is that biostar any good? I like asus because they have good online support and release bios updates years after the mobo was released which is really nice. If a mobo was good enough and had good support then id get it, but ive always had good luck with asus. So nforce is pretty decent though? I dont wanna get something unreliable, but that board does look pretty nice

The Biostar is a good board and a great overclocker. Zmatt has one and has liked it. There is nothing wrong with wanting to stick with Asus, It's a good brand and they have great p45's. I recommend the P5Q Pro that Shady090 posted earlier. After reading about nagasama's experience with a 780i I don't recommend nvidia chipsets.

yeah they should have named the 780i "780i FTL" lol. it sucks, period. the asus p5q series are all excellent boards, as well as the biostar that has been suggested.

I'm getting the 3.0ghz e8400 and I will be overclocking, so the boards gotta at least do that. Im also getting a zalman 110mm and an antec 900 so cooling isnt really an issue.

Is there any reason to get the P5q pro P45 over the P5k pro p35? Ive read all over about p35 v p45 and the only difference I see is the dual x16 architecture on some p45's, but i have a nvidia card anyway. Is that and some power saving stuff the only differences? I like the heatsinks on the p35 also. they look cool, lol..

p35: Newegg.com - ASUS P5K PRO LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Edit: nvm im a noob, got the 750i confused with the other. its expensive for the 750i though..if im not gonna sli, it doesnt matter right?

In what ways are they better? You have an nforce.. do you have any terror stories or regrets of not getting an intel chipset?

He bought his board when nVidia was creaming AMD in the GPU market, but their boards were never the best around (not that they are bad, but they aren't great)

Alright, cool. Im gonna get the $130 shipped p45 asus. Thatll work fine.. Thanks a ton for helping me decide. Figuring out how to overclock is gonna be a blast.. not .. lol too bad im a noob, hope i dont blow anything up Lol.

So the e8300 overclocks well on a p45? I wanna run like 3.8ghz 24/7. The antec 900 and Zalman 110mm w/ arctic silver 5 is wut im gonna be runnin

Alright, cool. Im gonna get the $130 shipped p45 asus. Thatll work fine.. Thanks a ton for helping me decide. Figuring out how to overclock is gonna be a blast.. not .. lol too bad im a noob, hope i dont blow anything up Lol.

So the e8300 overclocks well on a p45? I wanna run like 3.8ghz 24/7. The antec 900 and Zalman 110mm w/ arctic silver 5 is wut im gonna be runnin

I you don't already have the cpu cooler I would change it to a Sunbeam Core Contact. It comes with Tuniq Tx-2 thermal paste which is better than AS5.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

The Sunbeam should cool better and is allot cheaper. The zalman might be enough but here is no reason to pay more for a cooler that isn't as good. Plus the Sunbeam comes with the best thermal paste so you won't have to buy that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom