Need a new Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelenityHyperion

Solid State Member
I play World of Warcraft and would love to be able to set the video to ultra...for under $150. I currently have the HP Pavilion 6747 with a 350W PS I installed and an eGeForce 7200GS video card I purchased for a whopping $20...Now...This computer already has 5GB of RAM so I don't need to have a video card with a high dedicated RAM as long as it runs well...and especially since I will be upgrading the RAM to the max of 8GB within the year.

I want to spend ~$150 but I want a decent card that I can at least have the video settings set to high - if not ultra!

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have such a low budget. :)

now i don't know a whole lot about the different type of graphics cards out their but if your looking at getting a pretty good graphics card your probably going to be looking at getting a new PSU to. 350 watts is ok but most newer cards demand a little more then that.

You can get a 9800GT. I have this card, and have ran WoW on it, runs it great. Not sure what the settings are on though. I have it on a 380W PSU. You most likely have the OEM PSU, so there may be a need to upgrade that too. This is under your budget, and would be a great upgrade compared to the 7200GS...

Newegg.com - ECS N9800GTE-512MX-F GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-SB 400W ATX V2.2 Power Supply - Power Supplies

he beat me to the punch line,

there's your solution selenityhyperion

also, I will say you will more than likely never need a full 8 GB of ram,
unless your running some sort of high demand LAN server but judging by the fact that your computer is an HP Pavillion I would dare to say nay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom