need new DVD/CD drive, what would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have two Samsung SH-223F SATA drives, only had them for about one year, and one of them is not working properly anymore. It does not load DVDs/CDs anymore, somtimes I hit eject and close the drive again, then it does work, but often it won't load at all.
I think it is not a good quality drive, so I'm looking to buy a new one (probably two right away, since my 2nd Samsung drive might start acting up, too).
What would you recommend?
I'm not looking for the very best and most expensive DVD/CD drive, but it doesn't have to be the cheapest either. Just something reliable and of good quality.

Thanks,
Lars

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1780052 said:
Sony Optiarcs are good
Lightscribe ftw
also LG has some good burners too and Pioneer
I'd get whatever was fastest and cheapest.
I'm also a sucker for lightscribe personally

Thank you very much. I will check prices.

I have an LG and it works, but it's just loud as heck. I've never had any problems with it what so ever though, and I must have burned close to ~700 DVD's/CD's. If I had a choice to get a new drive I wouldn't buy an LG because of the noise level, I'd go for a Sony or something.

I have an LG and it works, but it's just loud as heck. I've never had any problems with it what so ever though, and I must have burned close to ~700 DVD's/CD's. If I had a choice to get a new drive I wouldn't buy an LG because of the noise level, I'd go for a Sony or something.

Thanks guys !

Is Samsung genereally a bad brand for DVD/CD burners or did I just get a lemon?

Is the LG only loud when writing or also when reading CDs or DVDs?

When reading also. When installing a game or using a game DVD to play...ugh. Generally I have headphones on or the volume up high, but that doesn't help anything when I am burning media. It's not like I can't live with it or anything, but when if I ever have the option I again I will just get something different as other drives aren't as loud. It doesn't make weird loud noises, it's just a loud reader/writer lol..

Not sure about Samsungs, I haven't much experience with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom