Not open for further replies.

Player87

Solid State Member
Hey all
I am going to get a new graphic card and need some suggestions
However i cant afford to go over 400 Euros
I was thinking along the lines of a nivida 8600gts
Whatever card i get i want to have dx10 support
Since i am not great at computer hardware ill need to know if it will work with my mother board: ASrock 939Dual-SATA2
Also will i need to update my power supply? : AC 230V (dont really know what that means)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

400 Euros is about $535 in USD. Well you can get a 8800GTS 320mb along with a Xclio Greatpower 550W PSU or Corsair 520HX/620HX for your PSU needs. Always look at the AMPs, not the Wattage. Grab all the AMPs you can get because that's what powers everything! :D

So i need to get a new power supply for definite?
And is that card compatible with my mother board?
I know i know i am pc retarded but i am learning :)

Thanks for the help

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

I tend to forget to watch out for the newcomers! :eek: Well, you're here to learn so there's no need to feel that way. Does your motherboard have a PCI-e slot? If it does, then all you need is a new PSU and getting that 8800GTS 320mb is fine. The reason why I suggest you get the 320mb is because the 640mb is only 1% performance increase, when you can overclock the 320mb and have a better result in performance.

Thanks for the welcome :D
Using everest home edition i found out the following:

3 pci, 1 pci-e x1, 1 pci-x16, 1 agp, 1 future cpu port

Hopefully thats alright

Also on a side note, i had a 7800gt before until it died on me and at the same time my computer started making loud noises
Friend of mine said it was the cpu fan but when i plugged out all fans on the pc except the power supply fan i still had the noise

Perhaps it was my power supply that killed the card? :confused:

Anyways thanks for the help :happy:

look on your power supply to see the amps on the 12v rails and wattage
my intro to electrical circuts class doesnt start for a few more weeks so i dont know what 230v AC is

LOL, 230V AC is 230 volts of alternating current. The good stuff. This the input current for the PSU and it what comes out of the outlet. In America, we use 120/125V AC. In Europe/China and pretty much the rest of the world, they use 230V AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom