Need a little bit more help...almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhythmMgmnt

Baseband Member
So I managed to squeeze the Scythe Ninja in there. Everything else done. Fired it up, it's not reading a couple things in the BIOS.

I've got 2 optical drives (DVD-R and DVD-RW), 1 floppy, and 2 HDs (1 37GB 10K RPM, 1 200GB 7200RPM)

BIOS Main screen:

Pri IDE Master: Not Detected
Pri IDE Slave: Not Detected
Third IDE Master: 37.0GB
Third IDE Slave: Not Detected
Fourth IDE Master: Not Detected
Fourth IDE Slave: Not Detected

OK now if I go into Pri IDE and select "Auto" it sees the DVD drive and appears that way when I return to main screen. However, no sign from DVD-RW drive (it's not a dead drive, it's got power cause the drive tray opens out), and no sign from the 200GB'er. The 37GB is SATA and 200GB is IDE.

Also, if I restart, it doesn't "save" the changes of how it recognized the DVD drive and goes back to how I have it written above as Not Detected.

Anyone have any suggestions? Almost there!! :D

RM

Quick word on temps, out of BIOS the E6700 is running at 25C, and that's without my mega 25cm side fan blowing on it.

RM

OK I got to the Boot page and under Hard Disk Drives, both show up, but in the Main page the 200GB is nowhere to be found. What gives?

RM

OK! Got the 2 opti drives to work just fine. Now the 200GB hd is only thing not coming up.

37GB SATA works fine. So, does the 200GB count as a slave (since my 37GB SATA would be my "master") or is it still a master, since it is the only IDE drive (and only IDE drive on its cable)? This will affect my jumper settings and which color of the IDE cable goes into the HD. Can someone help me out here?

RM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom