Need larger hard drive, don't have windows disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmagnani

Beta member
Hi folks.

I built my computer about a year ago with the help of a much more competent friend, and sorely misjudged the amount of hard drive space I would need.
I have a 10 gig C drive and 30 gig E drive. Is there any way to upgrade to an already purchased 250g drive while saving my content, and without a windows xp disk?

The 10er is my default drive, and no matter what I delete or change, it is completely full. I can't even install many of the programs I have, for lack of space.

If it helps, I have an asus a7n8x-e motherboard with amd amd 3200, 2.4gh processor, 1gb corsair ram, Radeon 9800 pro 128

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can "ghost" the harddrive. You can use a program called "Norton Ghost", it pretty much holds your hand through the whole process.

u could add the other hd and transfer the stuff...but i would highly just reccomend ghosting as posted before me...the program is fairly inexspensive and also fairly simple to use

why even get a 10 gig HD in the first place. i would of just got 2 40 gigs or when i build my computer in the next 6 months 250 gig (only 93 bucks). yeah and if your switching them ghosting would be the easiest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom