Need Help for wireless Gaming? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: Need Help for wireless Gaming?

just a suggestion, if your looking for another wireless card, i use a dlink 54mbps. I run games like GW , Battlefield 2142 and Unreal tournament 2004 all online with pings roughly 54 ~ 100 max. also, keep in mind what everyone is saying and keep your distance from insecure connections, Iam not to sure but i believe someone hacked my information and took over three of my email accounts.

Steam @ objecterror
Old 06-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to no_Wedge

well i have a dial up if I need to send secure packets, but what I was really wanting to know is if this setup worked...
Internet|AccessPoint(apartments)|myWirelessRouter| connected to pc and ps2 through ethernet lan cord

Old 06-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to no_Wedge

anyone know if that will work^^^^^
Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
plus wi-fi is horrible for gaming...... lag.... large chance of ur connection going out....
Going to have to disagree with you here. I've been gaming on wireless for over 2 years now... mind you its my own network and not a public network but I have zero problems with lag, connection problems.

I mainly play FPS such as CS:1.6 and Source and I notice no difference between wired/wireless.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrty View Post
Going to have to disagree with you here. I've been gaming on wireless for over 2 years now... mind you its my own network and not a public network but I have zero problems with lag, connection problems.

I mainly play FPS such as CS:1.6 and Source and I notice no difference between wired/wireless.
oh... i use my own wireless network... but i think its because halo has dificulty with wireless.......

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread