Need help for what computer I should buy - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 01-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need help for what computer I should buy

Hi, I am interested in starting a legit youtube channel and I need a computer that will be able to run Sony Vegas Pro at its finest. These are the specs for the software
Vegas Pro 13 Tech Specs

I am looking to buy a desktop that'll be capable of video editing. I only have 400 dollars to work with.

My current laptop worked okay with Sony Vegas Pro but it crashed often. Also the video always seemed skippy during editing. This computer also didn't do well as a gaming one either. I suppose it lacked ram and the video card seemed like a issue. I need a new HDD since I broke my old one and had to use a cheap 150gb one. Haven't bothered using my new HDD with Sony Vegas haha.
Acer Aspire 7540-1317 Specs - CNET

I don't know anything about custom building a computer so feel free to send links on computers thatll be good in the pricing and decent for video editing. I want to try to aim to buy a desktop with 8gb of ram and being able to do video editing or somehow making my laptop work well for the price range.

Hirokuvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice
Default Re: Need help for what computer I should buy

At 400 dollars you're certainly gonna have issues trying to do anything involving video editing...

If you liked what I say or just want to share the love click the scales on the bottom left of my post. :)
luke127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Need help for what computer I should buy

You need to aim for more cash because with a budget like that render times are going to be terrible.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote