Need help upgrading my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LateraLex

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Just found this forum - it's much better than where I have been lurking previously. I just got back in the country and have been struggling to decide on a tv capture card. I just built a new PC system so CPU specs shouldnt be a problem.

In short I'm just looking to record tv progams and convert them to divx or dvds without tying up my machine. I'm also not sure what route to go with software, and haven't ruled out upgrading to WinMCE but don't know if it's worth the hassle.

Cheers to your help.

Current specs: Evox 9npa+/Nvidia 7800GT/Opteron 1.8/1 GB DDR

dvdSanta is good software for burning to DVDs. I use it whenever I edit a video and want to put it on a DVD. Works good. Downside: $30. For the TV capture, I use Dazzle 150 from Pinnacle. Right now I'm trying to find another way to capture TV aside from using their included Studio software. But it records my dish tv and works well otherwise.

I use this TV Wonder Pro And it works pretty good, once you overcome the ATI driver crap!! FYI I use oct 2005 drivers and the picture is pretty good and you can record in any form you like then just burn it with nero for nothing.

Really though I am not sure If I would recomend it or not just because of the driver issues. Once it's up and working though it is pretty good.

i have a pvr-150, works great in mythtv, never tried it in windows. it outputs straight mpeg2 so you should be able to just burn the videos toa dvd and play them automatically (cause dvds are mpeg2)

not to hj but i have a tv wonder pro what drivers/software do you use cause the image quality sucks and the sound is off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom