Need Help upgrading my Computer for Crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do don't get the XtremeAudio. They're just rebranded Audigy SE's for twice the money and aren't real X-Fis. The only X-Fi I would really get is the Gamer (or Music but they're discontinued) because the other ones aren't worth it. To save a few bucks you could try to find either one used, and just fyi the music is exactly the same as the gamer except that you can mod the music for upgrades.

No reason to upgrade you graphics right now since your current should be doing well in the games right now and there will surely be price cuts soon. Rumor is that nvidia is dropping prices on the whole line really soon so at least wait and see if it's true.

If you decide you want 4gigs you know that you do need 64bit windows to use it all. I think 4gigs could start making a difference for games like Crysis so it could be a useful upgrade that you could do right now since I really doubt RAM prices will fall much lower and if anything, I think they'll get higher.

And you say you want a HSF? You're running with stock right now? If you are you could probably easily push that thing to like 3.5+ with a real HSF. You can get tuniqs for like $55 shipped now.

man are there any cheap ones!!!!! i guess i'll settle with an audigy or something(technically thats not really settling).....................

There is nothing wrong with an Audigy....especially the Audigy SE becuase it's so cheap. I happen to own one myself and it sounds much better than onboard as well as it handles EAX 4.0

Not everyone has the money to make an expensive soundcard a priority you know.

There is nothing wrong with an Audigy....especially the Audigy SE becuase it's so cheap. I happen to own one myself and it sounds much better than onboard as well as it handles EAX 4.0

Not everyone has the money to make an expensive soundcard a priority you know.

true i just looked at the OPs specs and he has a DS3 which doesn't have that great of sound quality....so in that case the Audigy is a good choice.

If he had a DFI with a karajan module, or Asus with its Hi-def audio or something then I don't think the switch to Audigy would be worth it as the onboard sound is quite good.

you think i should upgrade to a 680i Chipset?

once again money isnt really an option...i have the system built i was going to give this one to my brother in law and build a quad core but i thought id rather just keep this one and upgrade it...E6600 for $222 dollars...i paid 314 last jan..= \

The 680i chipset really isn't that good...how about the P6N Platinum or the P5N32 instead. The 650i chipset supports Quad-Core and 1333 FSB...even if the board specs on newegg doesn't say so they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom