Need help with upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoucus

Solid State Member
I'm pretty proficient with computers, I've built a couple before. However, I've only ever done it with a preset of parts.
Now I'm trying to upgrade my own computer. I got it from my Uncle three years ago, and I wanna spruce it up a bit. However, I know there is compatibility issues and such, and so I wanna know what I can do with the specifics I have inside my PC.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3L
My processor is a 1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Anything anyone needs to know, just ask.

depends on how much you want to spend on upgrades and for what.

do you need more processing power? do want to game on it?..

Well...for like $250-$260....you could get a nice upgrade

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

If you have 2GB of ram ...you could upgrade to 2 more GB for around $50-$60 dollars.

All 3 of those upgrades would cost you about $260.....and would be nice upgrades from what you have.......at least this gives you an idea and gets you in the ball park.....Only about $209 if you don't need ram

This would still game really nice for you as long as you don't use out rageous resolutions.

These would be good "bang for your buck" upgrades.

Here is a link to what cpu's that your motherboard will take
http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2599

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom