Need help with an upgrade.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
hey guys........ M planning to upgrade my current system. M just upgrading the mobo, CPU n RAM. M thinking of going Intel as i do a lot of application intensive work. i only play games here and there when i've got the time. was thinking of getting a dual-core system. was thinking of getting a P5 LGA 775 mobo and cpu. then for RAM i'm gonna get a 512x2 1gb kit. wat speed of the ram do u guys suggest? should i get PC400, 533 or 667? which is better for future usage? coz i wanna be able to use this system 4 a few years b4 another upgrade. so i'm planning to get the ASUS P54LD2 SE mobo n the Intel Dual Core 2x2mb cache 3.2Ghz CPU. what do u guyz think? will there be any compatibility problems n is it a good combo that's upgradeable in the future? thanks for your input. :-D.......

well can you aford a conroe, cause all you would need is mobo, ram.??
If you can wait like a month then more value mobo will be out and prices will hve dropped.

To clarify the former comment: that system isn't a good idea. Really. Pentium D's are the last of the failed Netburst line, and buying one is NOT an investment.

The logical choice at this point is to either buy an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ ($150) or wait for a Conroe. For RAM, get DDR2-667Mhz. Get an AM2 mobo for the AMD or an LGA775 for the Conroe.

Good luck.

Dan

sorri but i haven't really watched the market 4 sometime..... so i'm not really sure what there is.... what's a conroe....?

Conroe is the code name for the desktop version of the Core 2 Duo. Google "Core 2 Duo" reviews, and you'll see that it's absolutely blowing away the competition. It's a dual core processor based on shorter pipelines instead of the Netburst long-pipeline architecture.

Oh... and it's made by Intel. For the record.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom