Need help with some dimensions please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmanuncut

Baseband Member
Hi all, is anyone out there using an Asus Rampage III Black Edition motherboard, if so is it possible to get the dimensions of the Thunderbolt combo card that comes with it? Thanks for any help with this.

sorry i could not find an exact number anywhere but by looking at several pictures I would estimate about 5-6 inches by 4-6 inchest.

I would also guess that the card itself would not be any "taller" (when installed on the board) than a video card.

If you are worred about it fitting in your case, I would myself would be willing to assume that if your case can fit an Extended ATX board, you could fit any graphics card and therefore you could assume the thundbolt card.

EDIT: found a couple of other pictures and I think the card could be 7 inches tall. I am only able to guess based comparing the MOBO specs to the size of the card however the angle of each picture is different so it is hard to be accurate.

Sorry

No worries with it fitting the case, I was more concerned that if it is located between two gpu's is it too tall for the sli bridge to run up and over it. Thanks for the help though as you say it is hard to be accurate from the pictures. I've looked at many also trying to get an estimate. Cheers again.

did you check the Asus website? They list all the specs for there motherboards there. Not sure if this is similar to the black edition, but the rampage 3 extreme is this:
ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 10.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.9 cm )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom