need help with ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
i have the rig in my sig..

i use the program cpuz and when i go to the memory tab it tells me my DDR2 800 is running at 267mhz is this correct?

Do you have EIST running which underclocks your CPU... If your RAM speed is set to auto adjust to FSB speed in your BIOS, then that would explain your RAM speed also being lower.

i have the divider set to 1:1 and i dont think EIST is on because i dont know what it is lol

my ram is normally 4-5-4-15 but i got it at 3-3-3-10 if that helps any

whats your fsb speed?
if your ram is running 267 and you have 1:1 divider it will also be 267, right?
i'm wagering (and i could be wrong here) that you're fsb is 267 x 9 = 2.4 ghz, stock e6600. your divider is 1:1 hence your ram is 267.
400 mhz potential of that ram maybe is not realized until you overclock it....?
anyone help me out with that?

EDIT:
maybe setting your divider down will overclock the ram up to speed w/out clocking your cpu too fast. i.e. 1:2 but i am doubtful that you can manage 534mhz out of your ram (or any ram for that matter). personally i would overclock that cpu and bring it up that way, tho.
hope i helped and didn't confuse the issue more.

i asked the same thing and have been told by everyone (including nitestick) that fsb/cpu clock speed is more important.
as far as seeing performance difference, that is. the only time you need to really worry about ram speed is if you do a lot of ram-intensive applications (i cant tell you what they would be).
as you overclock your cpu, the rams bandwidth will increase. but even at 267, you're still getting plenty of bandwidth for fast information transfer, from what i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom