Need help picking a new 939 motherboard from the flock

Status
Not open for further replies.
na if I was gonna get an abit with this budget it'd be an AN, and then the 32 cause it has a better track record. Abit has me a bit worried because of their finacial problems, companys do really stupid things on there way to death, then a merger on top of things right? Who knows whats gonna come out of them, but they discontinued their high end AN8 non-sli board in favor for the KN8...... I'll stay away until I know what to expect from this new abit. I used to be fan of abit, but who knows.

Highly reccomend the MSI K8N Neo4 series. Very good, solid reliable, and good looking!

Charlie -

If you don't need SLI and your not overclocking I recommend the MSI K8N Neo4-f off newegg for around 80 dollars I think. It has a PCIe16 slot, 4 PCI slots, a PCIe1 and PCIe4. My friend has it and it's a great motherboard.

I have the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe and it is perfect. I have had zero problems. I bought the A7N8X Deluxe on the last build and did have to play with it to get it happy, so I was a little hesitant about ASUS again, but I'm glad I did.

I had an ABIT once and the power capacitors leaked all over the place.

DFI was my second choice and MSI also make good boards.

Yeah the Asus 32 is a little better board then the MSI 32. Asus has 8 phase power, and the MSI is a 3 phase, so Asus SHOULD have the overclockablity edge. Asus is also a fanless design. What is a total mystery to me with why would you put a bottem of the line on-board audio on a top of the line board, which is exactly what asus did. They could have just left it completly off and saved us the cost of the audio ports, or put a decent sound on like MSI did.

Plus if I use the msi board I might be able to work in a sound card for me off their budget. I know I'm going to h e l l, but I'd rather not go listening to snap crakle and pop over my music, cause I was too cheap to spring for a sound card when I built this computer.

Why is he ll a blocked word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom