need help now!!! pelase help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
My computer is half dead now. The power supply, which was being unstable lately, froze the computer the other night. Now whenever I turn it on, nothing plugged into any of the ports works or is recognized. USB, mouse, or keyboard doesn't work. only the monitor works.

it's not just windows because the keyboard doesn't work during bootup either. I checked all of the non-working components on my laptop and they work fine. luckily, it recognizes both the hardrives and my cd/dvd drive, so they are fine.

what do you think happened? did a voltage spike or something f' up my motherboard? that's what I think...

i only found one place online that sells the exact motherboard I have right now. if I get a new motherboard, I'd have to reformat windows, and I JUST did that so i don't think i want to again.

Do i HAVE to have the same motherboard exactly, or just stick with the same chipset, Nforce 4? I'd like to avoid reformatting again if at all possible and I need to get my system up and running ASAP.

you don't have to reinstall windows just for a new mobo do you?

I used to take out os installed drives just to test...

from my understanding from searching here and google.... you can usually get away with a repair install, but it's more likely to work if you use the same chipset. i am just looking for some comfirmation from anyone that's done this...

old MB chipset was NF4 4x and the new one I just ordered is NF4. what is the difference?

old motherboard was Foxconn NF4K8AC-RS-1.0 s939
new motherboard is DFI Infinity NF4 s939

-edit- nevermind, found out the 4x means the motherboard could only support 4x (800mhz) HT speeds, instead of the full 5x (1000mhz).

nf4 and nf4 4x are essentially the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom