need help for new system ...please ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blind_owl

Solid State Member
hi every body & thnx a lot for help ...
i wanna upgrade my very old system but i donno wat s the best system for me ?
my current pc is :
Athlon sempron 2500+
Msi kt6 main board
512mb kingston 333 ram
80g sata hdd
AOpen fx5500 256mb ram ...
most of times i m workin my job's small projects with photoshop on my home pc .. so i need a very fast system for photoshop bigger projects...
and i know photoshop will work better and faster on Pentium CPUs but i love games and the games workin faster on athlon ! ofcourse ... so what do u suggest ???
and where should i focus my money ? which part ? more memory or faster cpu ? or gpu ?
my current SYSTEM is completely DEAD on new games such q4 , F.E.A.R ( bout 5 or 6 fps !!!! in 800*600 and low details !)... what s the first thing to upgrade ? .. i don have much money so i should change them step by step ...
i don need ( i mean i don have enough money ! ) for a high-end system ... so what s ur opinion for a medium pc , first for games and then for photoshop ?

thnx again ;)

what you should do is think of a budget. Search the forums for that budget or aroudn it and you shoudl get an idead of what to get. once u compile a list then post a topic on what we think. is the build good, compatible, or is there any overkill or underkill parts.

here a list u can work with.

photoshop can use dual cores or multicore processors.

Get a amd 63 x2 processor

a nice 939 pci-e mobo. abit asus or gygabyte

2 gig of ram.

since u mentioned some peety demanding games get Nvidia 6800 gs or higher.

get a good powersupply. 450w-600w.

that should send in the right direction.

Give us a budget and we can help better.

For games you would need an upgrade of your gpu.
Then I would also suggest more memory for both games and photoshop.
Everything would benefit from a better CPU. I suggest to get a dual-core.
If you are just upgrading an old system part-by-part then I would i assume that it is not in your intentions to change the mobo.

hi and thnx for reply ...
i don think if i can buy more than this :
athlon 64 3400+ 939
msi or gigabyte mobo
1 or 1.5gb RAM
and nvidia 6600 w 256mb RAM ...
how is it ? and with this list .. which part should i go for more ? RAM ? cpu ?

1 gb is fine. dont ge that nvidia 6600 256 mb is a waste of money. instead get a nvidia 6600 gt 128 mb. I have one and i play bf2 dods css hl2. i dont have fear so i cant comment. dont get the 256 mb the extra memory wont help it at all. just get the 6600 gt 128 mb(get a evga one). wtf is a 3400? anyway get an amd 939 3000(belive meanything higher wont make a difference. basically u goona pay 50-400 more for 5-10 fps increase. with the money saved look into a nividia 6800gs(which cost 200) way better then the 6600gt and is only 50 more. which u woudl have if u go with the amd 939 3000.

So get an 6800gs and amd 64 939 3000.

hi and thnx again for reply ...
so i ll go for a 3000+ or 3200 athlon 64 939 cpu ..
and a 6800gs Graphic with 128 mb ram ...
but .. bout the mother board ...
i already have a msi kt6 main board ... and it s realllly realllyyy s***s , and before that i had a msi k7n2 mobo , and i had some problems w that too ... so i m startin to hate msi motherboards .
i heard that the gigabyte mobos , are so faster and better than msi ... so what bout now ? should i go for a msi k8n neo4 or a gigabyte mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom