so far after everything I've got the following specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+
MOBO: Asus A8N-SLI Premium
RAM: OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL DC DDR 2Gb Kit
HDD: 2x 200MB Seagate Barraccuda SATA
VIDEO: 7800GT or GT Extreme..Leadtek or Albatron
OPTICAL: Pioneer 110D DVD-RW
PSU: Antec TruePower 550
CASE: Still unsure, considering Antec Super LanBoy
MONITOR: Still unsure...17"CRT..possibly LG 17" 700 P Flatron
CPU COOLER: either thermalright, gigabyte or skyth ninja
Keyboard: Logitech..unsure of model..possibly $30-$40ish
- I'm thinking of getting 2x 160GB hdd rather then 200GB's to save money..though I'll have this PC for about 3-5yrs before next upgrade & may need the room.
- With the Leadtek 7800GT Extreme being slightly OC'd already, would it be possible to OC it more or would they have locked it. And also with the 4 extra Pipes..could I unlock those with this card?
- I saw that there were 2x types of Antec Truepower 550 PSU's..one was ATX and the other I believe was a EPS PSU for a bit more..what one would I need. And would I need 550watts..could I get away with say..480-500watts which could save a bit $$?
- The case is still pretty hard to decide on as I'll be spending alot just on the PSU...the Lanboy was the cheapest decent looking good case I found..though still pricey.
- I've decided to stick with the 17" CRT monitors as there a good size and cheaper/better in a way then LCD.
CRT - Price, better quality for games/movies.
LCD - Space saving, DVI
CRT - Bulky/heavy, uses more power
LCD - Price, quality for gaming/movies
my opinions anyways :P
P.S...sorry for the long post.