Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
System Specs:

EVGA Nvidia 680i LT
Q6600
PC Power and Cooling 610W
Wintec AmpX DDR2 800 2x1 GB

Just got done putting it all together. I was being oh so careful, everything went smoothly. Plug it into the wall, the blue led on the motherboard comes on. Hit the power button, and NOTHING! I tried reversing the way I had the PWR switch plug connected since the motherboard didn't come with anything telling me what was what, and still NOTHING!! 24-pin connector is in, 8-pin connector is in.

HELP!! :(

What motherboard do you have? "Nvidia 680i LT" is the chipset..... there should be documentation on the makers homepage with that info...

Did you connect the 8 pin or 4 pin power connecter??? It is on the corner of the board behind the I/O for Firewire, and the PS/2 ports.

Did you connect the 8 pin or 4 pin power connecter??? It is on the corner of the board behind the I/O for Firewire, and the PS/2 ports.

Yep it's in. I'm stumped, everything looks right, except it seems like the power switch isn't doing anything. Could the motherboard be DOA?

It's a possibility. You are positive that all of the front panel jumpers for power & reset etc. etc. are in the correct locations?

no i'm not positive, that's the thing. It didn't come with anything, and I cant find anything. They're color coded and I followed that according to the color of the power wires coming from my case. But i'm not 100% sure that's right.

I will be sooooo ****ed if I just did all that work and its DOA.

did you get an open box product? Should have at least come with a CD... maybe a PDF manual on the CD or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom