Need help with my first build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been looking at other monitors all day. That one is sold out anyway.

Saint, GoGamer.com also has what they are at least listing as the uncensored edition of The Witcher and it's in stock and cheaper, too (at least without shipping or tax).

The Witcher (I) Uncensored Edition

And, Saint, mind if I ask what else you have in your system? Because The Witcher was going to be one of the first things I installed once I build this, and I'd be quite disappointed if it doesn't play very smoothly.

And, Saint, mind if I ask what else you have in your system? Because The Witcher was going to be one of the first things I installed once I build this, and I'd be quite disappointed if it doesn't play very smoothly.

My current system is as follows.

Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz
2 gig Gskill Ram pc 800
NVIDIA 8800GT G92
WD 7200 RPM 250gig drive
ASUS dvd burner
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R

I lag a lot in the Trade district when I am outside by Triss's house.

I think I am going to build a new system when NVIDIA releases the 9900GTX in July then I will have no lag. WOOT !

Okay, so in the last few days I've been doing more research and looking at other stuff.

First off, today I just acquired a 37" 1080p LCD Samsung TV. It has a resolution of 1920x1080 and HDMI, D-Sub, and DVI inputs.

Any reason I shouldn't use this as a monitor? And would it be worth it to SLI on this TV? With 8800GTS(G92) x2? I'm not really fond of waiting for the 9900's that still may not even be worth the wait it in the end.

Finally, I've been looking at the 780i in comparison to the 750i FTW. Is it worth the extra $50 for the PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots? Thats the only significant difference I can find aside from a couple more USB and stuff like that. Is the 780i a good card like the reviews seem to be saying?

Thanks.

Its only 60 pixels less than 1920x1200 (the recommended resolution for SLI) I recommend you go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom