Need help on my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
that fan will not connect to the mobo, im farly certain that you can buy adapters for 4 pin molex to 3 pin, that way it can be controlled.

I don't want to control it, I want the motherboard to control it. The Zalman 9700 NT has a 4 pin connector that connects to the motherboard and the motherboard controls the fan speed depending on how hot the CPU is running.

Do they even offer that kind of feature on an individual 120mm case fan?

thats what i ment by controlled, yes some fans have three pin connectors, some have three pin and 4 pin molex.

A 4 pin molex fan won't connect to a mobo.

thats what i ment by controlled, yes some fans have three pin connectors, some have three pin and 4 pin molex.

A 4 pin molex fan won't connect to a mobo.

Alright so what do you think about this fan?

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING AF12025 PWM 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

It's a 120mm 400 - 1500 rpm with an air flow of 56.3 CFM at 10.5 - 24.5 dBA noise level.

I am a bit skeptical on this because I was comparing it to the fan I originally was going to get, the Zalman CNPS 9700 NT, and noticed that the Zalman goes all the way up to 2800 rpm at 30 dbA.

Obviously the Zalman is dedicated for CPU cooling so I am thinking 2800 rpm is necessary, but will a 1500 rpm fan be enough to cool a CPU?

Is there a thread on here which shows members' custom computer builds? I have been searching using the search button on the top but found nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom