need help on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

duayne

Baseband Member
hi everyone. first, i want to thank this forum for helping me build my first rig. it's great!!!

now, im planning to buy a laptop but i dont have any idea on what to buy.. my budget is $1,000.. i already searched newegg and it gave me alot of good laptops within that price. but i really dont know whats the best deal. i only looked at ACER laptops coz ive heard that acer is really a good brand. i havent checked the other brands yet..

basically, im not gonna use the laptop for gaming. maybe for surfing and abit of editing only. i think 1g of ram should do the job. :p

can you help me pick the right laptop for me? thanks..

-duayne

thanks for the link, but i think ibuypower is for gamers. im not a gamer. just need the laptop so i could have a portable computer..

Check HP's website, they even have a Compaq thats around $400 if you just need it for word processing or email.

I do not like Acers, they are cheap but low quality and US tech support is amost literally non existant. I've had customers who have spend 2+ hours on hold waiting...
I would recommend HP or Compaq. Compaq tends to be the cheaper of the two so see if their laptops suit you. You can get a Turion 64x2, 1gb ram, and decent graphics and hard drive for well below $1000 from Compaq.

You can get a Turion 64x2, 1gb ram, and decent graphics and hard drive for well below $1000 from Compaq.

really? wow! thats nice! gotta look at it... :p

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom