need help for information..... computer newbies here

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew16

Beta member
i would like to ask wat is overclocking!?!?
and i would like to buy a pc..... i on my computer 24 hour a day to download stuff and i do play games like world of warcraft and stuff...... so should i get a AMD or Intel?!?!
thanks

overclocking is when you increase the speed example of the cpu, for example you have a 2.4ghz cpu and you get it to work at 3.0ghz you overclocked the cpu by 600mhz the cpu will then do work faster than before but will also generate more heat so overclocking should be handled with care.

First you should see what your budget is. you should consider in getting an Intel conroe processor they are more fast than amd and the prices aren't too high also.

Amd also lowered down their prices alot since intel came up with conroe which beats their processors.

how much do you wish to spend?

i think my budget is about $1000
then should i get a Intel rather than a AMD?!?!
cause i heard tat AMD heat up faster than Intel......
and should i get a 2gb of RAM???
cause i hate lagging when i open too many stuff......
how about the grapic card!?!
which is better for reasonable price and can play all those game!?!?

I dont know about the heat of the amd and the intel. The intel conroe shouldn't generate much heat though.

As i told you the intel conroe processors are faster than the current amd processors. I am getting an Intel core 2 duo E6600 2.4Ghz which is something like $343 which as a processor even beats the amd Fx-62.

Under windows xp 2Gb ram is the best amount of ram to have no more and no less.

As a graphics card the 7600GT will meet up your requirments but if you can afford get the 7900GT.

the 7600GT is like $240
the 7900Gt is about $341

The prices i am getting are from overclockers.co.uk. I exchanged the prices to you from british pounds to Dollars.

Depends also what are you going to buy. mobo,cpu and ram or with the case, psu etc etc if so i think you will not afford to buy the 7900GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom